Efficient HVAC solutions are essential for businesses and homeowners in Toronto, given the cold winters and hot, sticky summers that we experience every year. The efficiency of any particular solution should not be measured in terms of how effectively it regulates the temperature and humidity of the air inside your property alone but also how much energy it consumes in the process. If you would like to minimize energy wastage in your home or business premises, follow the advice below. By doing so, you could save money on your utility bills and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time.
Energy Saving Tips from an Experienced HVAC Contractor
With nearly 25 years of experience in the industry, we have an in-depth knowledge of HVAC systems and how to minimize energy wastage in both commercial and residential applications.
- Annual Servicing – Regular maintenance of air conditioning and central heating equipment is vital if you want to ensure it is running at maximum efficiency. Hiring a fully licensed and qualified technician to give your systems an annual tune-up can make a big difference to your energy usage over time. Clogged filters and drains in air-con systems can increase the amount of energy required to maintain indoor temperatures at a comfortable level, as can cracked heat exchangers and dirty burners in central heating appliances.
- Sealing and Insulating Ducts – Forced air furnace and central air-con systems will operate more efficiently when the ducts they use are properly sealed and insulated. Efficiency improvements of up to 20% are not uncommon in domestic and commercial HVAC systems after the sealing and insulation of all ducts. An experienced HVAC contractor will be able to inspect your system and carry out all the necessary work to achieve efficiency gains of this magnitude.
- Programmable Thermostats – With a programmable thermostat, you can reduce energy usage when your home or business premises are unoccupied. This can result in significant energy savings over time. By turning heating appliances or air-con units off when you are not there, you will reduce the amount of energy used on heating and cooling your property throughout the year.
- Upgrading Your Equipment – Talk to any HVAC contractor in Toronto and they will tell you that modern heating and cooling appliances are far more efficient than those available just 10 years ago. For this reason, it is well worth thinking about installing new HVAC equipment if you have not done so for some time. If you decide to replace existing appliances, make sure that you have your whole system inspected beforehand. This will ensure that any existing issues are addressed before you spend money on new equipment.
- Only Use Fully Licensed and Experienced Contractors – Improper installation of air-con and heating units can reduce the overall efficiency of your climate control systems so it is important to choose carefully when hiring an HVAC contractor to carry out any work in your property. You may save a little money in the short term by paying less for the installation and maintenance of your equipment but in the long term it could cost you a lot more money.
If you would like to reduce your annual energy consumption and you are looking for a professional HVAC contractor who can help you to achieve this aim, Tropic Air should be your first port of call. Our extensive experience, highly skilled team of engineers, and competitive prices have helped to make us the heating and cooling specialists of choice for many companies and individuals in the city. Call today to find out what we can do for you.