In Toronto, efficient HVAC solutions are crucial for both businesses and homeowners, given the cold winters and hot, sticky summers that we experience every year. The efficiency of any particular solution should not be measured in terms of how effectively it regulates the temperature and humidity of the air inside your property alone but also how much energy it consumes in the process. If you would like to minimize energy wastage in your home or business premises, follow the advice below. By doing so, you could save money on your utility bills and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time.
Energy Saving Tips from an Experienced HVAC Contractor
With nearly 25 years of experience in the industry, we have an in-depth knowledge of HVAC systems and how to minimize energy wastage in both commercial and residential applications.
- Annual Servicing – To guarantee optimal efficiency, it is crucial to regularly service air conditioning units and perform periodic maintenance on furnace equipment. By hiring a fully licensed and qualified technician for an annual tune-up, you can significantly impact your long-term energy usage. Clogged filters and drains in air conditioning systems can result in higher energy consumption to maintain comfortable indoor temperatures, as well as potential costs for air conditioning unit repairs.
- Sealing and Insulating Ducts – Forced air furnaces and central air-con systems will operate more efficiently when the ducts they use are properly sealed and insulated. Efficiency improvements of up to 20% are not uncommon in domestic and commercial HVAC systems after the sealing and insulation of all ducts. An experienced HVAC contractor will be able to inspect your system and carry out all the necessary work to achieve efficiency gains of this magnitude.
- Programmable Thermostats – Weather you are Installing a furnace in your Toronto home or getting your AC replaced, always get a programmable thermostat installed along with your HVAC equipment. With a programmable thermostat, you can reduce energy usage when your home or business premises are unoccupied. This can result in significant energy savings over time. By turning heating appliances or air-con units off when you are not there, you will reduce the amount of energy used on heating and cooling your property throughout the year.
- Upgrading Your Equipment – Talk to any HVAC contractor in Toronto and they will tell you that modern heating and cooling appliances are far more efficient than those available just 10 years ago. For this reason, it is well worth thinking about installing new HVAC equipment if you have not done so for some time. If you decide to replace existing appliances, make sure that you have your whole system inspected beforehand. This will ensure that any existing issues are addressed before you spend money on new equipment.
- Only Use Fully Licensed and Experienced Contractors –Choosing an HVAC contractor carefully for the installation and maintenance of your air conditioning and heating units is crucial to ensure optimal efficiency. While you may save some money in the short term by opting for cheaper installation and maintenance services, it can lead to higher long-term costs. It is advisable to hire licensed contractors, even for tasks like tuning up a faulty furnace or repairing air conditioning systems.
If you would like to reduce your annual energy consumption and you are looking for a professional HVAC contractor who can help you to achieve this aim, Tropic Air should be your first port of call. Our extensive experience, highly skilled team of engineers, and competitive prices have helped to make us the heating and cooling specialists of choice for many companies and individuals in the city. Call today to find out what we can do for you.