Choosing the right furnace units can be difficult and confusing especially in today’s market where the differences in quality and price are not that big. We believe in Quality and longevity.
Furnaces can be expensive but you must choose the right one, the one that will serve you with ease of service, efficiency and comfort for years to come.
How do I know when it’s time to change my furnace?
It’s important to have a safe and warm environment for you to come home to during the cooler months throughout the year. However, if your current gas furnace is struggling to provide comfort during the winter, it may be time for you to finally replace your furnace. Though, how do you know when the right time to replace your furnace is? Below we have provided you with a checklist to help you further determine when the right time is for you:
- Start by checking the age of your furnace – locate the owner’s manual or look up the system’s model number, which should be located on the furnace itself to determine the age of your furnace.
- Rising energy bills – if you’re noticing an increase in your energy bill, this is often a telltale sign that your system is running less efficiently and could need to be replaced.
- Excessive dust, dirt, soot or rust particles – a buildup of dust, dander, soot, or rust in your home, while your furnace is running is yet another telltale sign that your furnace should be replaced.
- Home humidity problems – if you’ve noticed that the air in your home has become dry, your furnace could be to blame and thus it might be time to replace your system.
- Uneven heating throughout the home – if you’ve noticed that different rooms within your home are being heated unevenly (or not heated at all) it’s likely due to an issue with your furnace and is a large indicator that your furnace should be replaced.
- Unusually noisy or develops rattles, buzzes, or hums – if your heating system appears to be running louder than normal or making usual noises, it’s time to replace your furnace, due to cracks, leaks, or other structural issues.
- Frequent repairs – if you have had to make frequent repairs to your home’s furnace, this is a large indicator that your heating system needs to be replaced.
What is the best furnace to buy in Canada, for Toronto homeowners?
According to the trained and licensed heating and cooling technicians at Tropic Air, the best brands of furnace in Canada that you could have installed in your Toronto home are as follows:
- Goodman – The Goodman brand, is a reputable American brand that specializes in home furnaces and air conditioning. Their furnaces are designed to be dependable, efficient, and reasonably priced, with a wide range of gas & high-efficient furnace models to choose from.
- KeepRite – The KeepRite brand, is a top-quality brand of furnace with a reasonable price range that most Canadian homeowners find attractive. Not to mention, they offer a wide selection of high-efficiency products, for both gas and oil furnaces, each with a wide range of warranties that varies by model.
- American Standard & Trane – both American Standard and Trane are recognized as highly reputable companies with a solid selection of gas furnaces for Toronto homeowners to choose from. Additionally, both company’s furnaces generally come with a limited lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger & limited 10-year warranty on internal functional parts, with extended warranty options available at an additional cost.
Our team is committed to provide you with the best product knowledge so you can make the right choice easily, Contact Tropic Air for best quotes and estimates on your upcoming furnace replacement.
Is a high-efficiency furnace worth it?
There are many reasons why purchasing a high-efficiency furnace is worth the cost for a Toronto homeowner. For starters, although the upfront cost of a high-efficiency furnace is more expensive, overtime you will experience significant savings on your energy bills, which will likely outweigh the initial cost of the system. Not to mention, buying a high-efficiency furnace may qualify you for additional rebates. Furthermore, with your purchase, you are likely to experience an overall improvement in your home’s comfort & air quality. Moreover, the high-efficiency rating of these furnaces means that the heating systems require less fuel to heat your home, which could potentially save you thousands on utility costs over the course of your furnaces lifespan. Not to mention, a high-efficiency gas furnace is generally much quieter than standard furnaces. As they don’t have to work as hard or burn as hot to heat your home. Lastly, high-efficiency furnaces are known to be better for the environment and are known for their compatibility with smart thermostats.